Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome Home


Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. I have been home in Honduras for a week now. I had a wonderful time in the States visiting with new and old supporters, friends, and family. It seemed like a long hectic month. My travels last week went well, even with a few glitches, but I made all my flights and arrived home safe.

Please continue to pray for support to come in. Fundraising did not goas well as I had hoped, but I did make many new connections along the way! God has provided for me all along the way, so I’m not worried. Another huge prayer need is that I need to look for a new apartment. I love the apartment, its location and the landlords. The only problem is the parking situation. While I was gone, Aben’s car had the battery stolen, last spring my spare tirewas stolen, and as my welcome home present on Tuesday night, both my back taillights were stolen (plastic andlight bulbs.. everything). I do not want to move apartments, but given the circumstances of my car being stolen piece by piece, I need to look for a more secure area. Please pray for this because I have not budgeted for this and don’t think I will find this same living situation for the same price.

Along with bad news, I also have wonderful news. As of right now, I am not a resident, I have a visa that expires every 90 days, I can file for 2 months extension, then I must leave the country. The fee for residency has been $1300 for 3 years, so I have not applied for it. I have planned my travels around holidays and fundraising, so it has worked out fine. When I got back I heard about a new law for missionaries. If I bring a written paper from our organization that I am serving as a missionary, I can get my residency, 5 years for$25! This will cutback on expenses a lot. Once I have regular support coming in and won’t have to travel to fundraise, I will be able to stay in the country without having to leave by a certain date.

The month of September is a fun month in Honduras, because we celebrate Child’s Day (like Mother’s Day or Father’s Day) on the 10th and Independence Day on the 15th. Friday we celebrated Child’s day with a piƱata, candies, balloons, and cake. The kids loved it and were exhausted by the end of the day. Here are a few pictures.

It was fun returning to the kids, I got lots of hugs and when one sits on my lap, they all do. Eventually I had to stand up so they would stop fighting for spaceon my lap or legs. Please pray for Zulema, one of the ladies I work with (the same one who had the motorcycle accident), her father died last week. I have not seen her yet, but she is very close to her family.

It’s hard to sum up a whole month in one blog, but I think I covered most of it. Thank you to everyone who supported me with prayers and finances, and hosting me in your homes and at restaurants. I have posted a few videos on youtube that I showed to different people. I will try to put them up on my blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment