Sunday, March 21, 2010

With Faith Like a Child


My happy story of the day: I'm babysitting (boysitting) a 12 year old while my friends are in the states for a wedding. I'm in Honduras for language school, staying at their house. Every time I come in at night, I turn on all the lights and walk away, because there are cockroaches! I explain to Sigel(the boy I'm watching) why I hate cockroaches in particular in a Spanglish kind of way. Explaining the fact that they fly, and the movie I saw where a girl gets one in her ear when she is sleeping. So then I told him I am especially afraid of them when I sleep. And his response is, "well, sleep with God, he is with you." Then as I'm tucking him in for bed, he tells me, don't worry, God will protect you and keep you safe.

Its true, but coming from a kid pounds it home, how much we take God for granted sometimes, even when we sleep. He said it so 'matter-of-factly', like well of course God is going to be with you. It was a cool way to end the day.

Tomorrow I go to the city dump, with Aben, and a group. We are going to hand out food, water, and share the gospel. To the fortune of this land its raining (my friends in the city are down to shower/toilet/kitchen water once a week), to the misfortune of us, that means tomorrow will be a very ripe smell from the garbage dump.

Spanish classes start Tuesday!

(This is an old picture of Sigel and Aben, its a little blurry- just so you know who Sigel is)

No comments:

Post a Comment