Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Casa de Luz Christmas

Santa and Diego
Ester, Santa, Genesis

Genesis (aka Maria for the drama)
(tired little kitty... 5 minutes after he arrived)


Sunday we had our Christmas program and party for the kids and parents. It was fun and the kids were very cute. We did the story of Jesus, so the kids dressed up as shepherds, sheep, angels, barn animals, Mary, and Joseph. We sang some songs. And Santa came!! It was so much fun, really hot and crowded, but I don't think anyone minded. Then we ate tamales and rosquillas en miel (Honduran dishes). Now the day care is closed for a month. Many families leave the city for the month to visit family in the small villages.

Its close to 80 degrees outside, but I lit my Christmas candle and put on Christmas music to make it feel more like Christmas. It will be my first Christmas in Honduras. I'm excited! The tradition is to celebrate on the 24th, go to church, then at midnight the party begins. I'm looking forward to the typical Christmas food :)

I go back to the States on the 26th.
Here are some pictures from our party!

No comments:

Post a Comment