Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day



I'm here in Kentucky, and there is more snow! It hasn't been sticking yet, but I'm still hopeful! Aben, my boyfriend, is here visiting on his support raising travels. He is raising support with Youth for Christ in Honduras. Check out his youtube video about the people that work and live at the city dump. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr1EtnaVeZM

Also, for another video about Casa de Luz and the area check out this video, on the Casa de Luz webpage http://www.instituteforcommunity.org/casadeluz/default.aspx

Lastly, here is a picture for the day, of one of the kids at Casa de Luz. She is the one I have gotten to know the most, since she stays later in the day, and was usually around when I was teaching English to the other Honduran teachers.

Her name is Genesis, she is 4 years old. The best story I have about her, was one day when I was holding her and she just kept looking and touching a strand of my hair. I asked her what color it was and she had to pause and think for a while, because she is used to seeing dark hair. It was precious. And I think she determined it was orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment