Sunday, February 28, 2010

Preparation!

Feeling a little under the weather, but that has given me time to work on preparing my first presentation! I'm a little nervous, but more excited. I am talking to a missions group of 3-5 year olds! At first, my friend was going to give me the opportunity to talk in front of the whole church, but since I'm leaving Kentucky in 10 days, it didn't work out and I only get the little ones, and probably the school aged ones too. Secretly, I'm very excited that my first presentation will be to children! They are the ones I talk to best!!!

In the process of preparation, I tested out a very good recipe for chilenas (two sugar cookies with caramel "dulce de leche" sandwiched between then, then dusted with powdered sugar)! However, I won't be trying them out for the 50 kids because of being sick :( Sorry kiddos, you have no idea what you will be missing. Maybe I'll post the recipe! Also in this process I have created a power point, and purchased a song from itunes, then I found out, the itunes version probably won't work on another computer unless I 'embed' it (or know something about computers). At least my presentation Wednesday will be from my computer.

I will try to attach it here, and just play in your head or on youtube the song "God of This City" by Chris Tomlin (if it doesn't work).

Other preparations happened on Friday night, when Kendra and I self addressed envelopes to every person I know. Jonathan gave me the tip, after I bought labels to print. It was a fun time of talking, writing, and snacking, and we finished! Just waiting on the brochures, designed by bronsinkdesign.com to come in the mail, and I will be sending them out, finally!

16 days til I return to Honduras for language school/ tutoring! One more week of work in Kentucky. 10 more days of living with Jonathan, Kendra, Zoe Fiona, Scout, and Sonnet (I won't be missing Sonnet or the cold, but I will miss the rest)


No comments:

Post a Comment