Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great News!









"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done." Psalm 105:1

I think the apartment shopping has come to an end. I am going to sign the papers today. I guess its not finalized, but its available and I love it. After a very long week and a half of looking for an apartment, I found one last night. I had different options along the way and couldn't decide for sure. But the last one we looked at last night had what I needed at a very good price, in a good location.

Last week I found a truck that I will need to get up the dirt roads to get to the preschool. My director sent me a quote from an email that she received from the embassy last week, that western Honduras has received over 287% more rainfall than a normal rainy season. I think I mentioned this before, but the rain hasn't stopped. Yesterday a wall of the National stadium fell crushing taxis, killing one person, and trapping and injuring others. Last night when we were out, I was thankful for God providing the truck, many cars were turning around because the water was too deep to pass some roads. One of the main roads into the city has a huge crack/ hole that makes in impassable. Its good to have rain, but this much is not good for this city, its not constructed to withstand this much. Many people have lost homes.

So I have a truck and apartment, soon to get a driver's license (nothing is 'easy' to get here, so it takes time). I am hoping to start moving in this afternoon after I sign the papers. This is a praise because now I can be at the daycare!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.

Here are a few pictures from Children's Day in Los Pinos with the ministry Aben is working at. This neighborhood is similar to the one I will be working in, but a lot bigger. It was funny watching the little girls that didn't have pocket for the candy from the pinata, they would just pull up the dress or shirt to hold the candy. It works.


No comments:

Post a Comment